With your help we can support more vulnerable people across Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. Our service users need us now more than ever
Raise funds for free!
The covid 19 crisis has impacted all of us in one way or another. You might have less disposable income or you may feel the need to be more careful with money. The good news is you can donate to The Matthew Project without spending any extra and with very little effort!
Please read on to find out more...
Whenever you buy anything online from your weekly shop to your annual holiday, you could be raising free donations for The Matthew Project with easyfundraising
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds. All you need to do is:
1. Click here and join for free
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first (either website or app) to find the site you want and start shopping
3. After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to The Matthew Project at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and The Matthew Project will be really grateful for your donations
Or if you prefer, you can now find The Matthew Project on TheGivingMachine, another great fundraising site that lets you raise donations for The Matthew Project whenever you shop online
It’s easy to use and doesn’t cost you (or us) a penny!
TheGivingMachine is a fundraising charity setup to help other charitable causes raise money online. By signing up and shopping online via TheGivingMachine you will generate a free cash donation for us. With over 2,200 of your favourite retailers, including Ebay, M&S, NEXT, Tui, Sainsbury, John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners, you are bound to find what you need and generate a donation
To start raising free donations click here and join – it’s that easy
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support The Matthew Project every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.co.uk on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping App for iOS and Android phones. When you shop AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as amazon.co.uk, with the added bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price to your selected charity.
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.co.uk on your web browser or activate AmazonSmile on your Amazon Shopping app on your iOS or Android phone (found under ‘settings’ on your app) and you're good to go!
eBay buyers have several options when it comes to donating to the Matthew Project:
1. Find us in the Charity Shop section and browse all listings that benefit us
2. You can make a donation during the checkout process. Search for The Matthew Project, select us as your favourites, then every time you pay for items on eBay you’ll have the option to also make a donation
3. Donate directly with the Donate Now button. Find us through the Charity Search on eBay for Charity, then donate your chosen amount through PayPal
eBay for Charity has partnered with the PayPal Giving Fund to make it easy for sellers to donate some or all of the proceeds from their listings to The Matthew Project.
Ebay sellers have two options when listing items to benefit us on eBay
1. Donate up to 100% of your final sales price to support The Matthew Project. You can customise the donation percentage with the minimum donation amount at 10%
2. You can associate your eBay username with us. All sales associated with your username will be considered 'Direct Selling' for The Matthew Project, and 100% of selling proceeds will benefit us!
Set up a fundraising page
These pages let your friends and family donate quickly and securely, and let you keep them up to date with your challenge!
You will need to set up your fundraising page under the name of our charity, The Matthew Project, or one of our services - Outside the Wire, Unity, Next Steps or Youth and Families
If you need any help getting set up, just drop us an email.
Here are some more fundraising ideas
Organise a bake sale! It could be part of another event, like a garden party, or a stand-alone event. A church, community centre or commercial venue might help out by giving you a place to display your baking. Encourage your contributors by having a prize for the best cake
Get sponsored to walk…run…cycle…canoe Whatever your favourite exercise might be. Choose a park or scenic route to make a lovely day out. The more people you can get involved, the greater the outcome. We can provide a sponsor form and will help you spread the word about what you're doing
Do a skydive!? A number of organisations will help you raise money for charity as you take the jump. Take a look at UK Skydiving Adventures here to get you started.